Celebrating EarthScope's Fifteen Years of Geoscience Accomplishments
The EarthScope National Office, along with a coalition of Earth science organizations (UNAVCO, IRIS, SSA, AGU, AGI and GSA) cordially invites scientists, policymakers and all others interested to celebrate the success of the EarthScope program! Please join us for an EarthScope Finale symposium and reception on:
May 22, 2019, Washington, DC
Science Symposium: 1:30-5:30 PM
Invited Speakers will give an overview of the scientific discoveries that EarthScope has enabled, and of its broader impact to science and society.
- Introduction by Dr. Jeff Freymueller, EarthScope National Office Director
- Earth structure by Dr. Brandon Schmandt
- Hazards by Dr. Diego Melgar
- Water and the Environment by Dr. Kristine Larson
- Data, Workforce, and Education by Dr. Suzan van der Lee
- 4D Evolution of North America by Dr. Mike Williams
- Conclusion by Dr. David Fee, EarthScope National Office Primary Investigator
Reception: 5:30 – 8:00 PM
RSVP by Friday, May 10 with your name and number of guests. Please specify attendance at symposium, reception, or both.
1200 New York Ave, NW 1, 2nd Floor Auditorium
Washington, DC 20005