New documents from NSF are live on the NSF Web site:
The new EarthScope solicitation is SF 14-552, and is available from both of the links below:
The main changes from the prior solicitation are:
- Proposals must explicitly state which of the EarthScope science targets, as outlined in the 2010 EarthScope Science Plan, the project is intended to address.
- All resubmitted proposals must contain a separate section of the Project Description explicitly describing what changes have been made to the proposal in response to previous NSF review comments and concerns.
- PI must contact an EarthScope Program Director prior to submitting any proposal with an annual project budget exceeding $300,000, or the proposal may be returned without review.
- Proposals must contain a Supplementary Document containing a list of all the conflicts of interest of all Senior Personnel.
The EarthScope National Office solicitation is NSF 14-553, and is available from this link:
The main changes for this one are:
- An explicit expectation that the EarthScope National Office will promote significant synthesis and integration of EarthScope science and broader impacts.
- An explicit requirement that an office management plan be included in the proposal as a Supplementary Document.
There is a new NSF Dear Colleague Letter posted that describes NSF plans for SAFOD and is available from this link:
Professor Ramon Arrowsmith
Director EarthScope National Office
Chair EarthScope Steering Committee
School of Earth and Space Exploration
Arizona State University